Jared Y. Gilmore IV
Jared was a law clerk at Newman Mathis during his third year of law school and joined as an associate upon graduation from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in May of 2018. Prior to attending Loyola Law, he obtained his bachelor’s degree in Management from Loyola University New Orleans College of Business.
In his first year at Loyola Law, Jared developed an interest in courtroom advocacy and was selected to be a member of Loyola Law’s Moot Court Program. He continued down this path his second year when he successfully argued on to Loyola Law’s Trial Advocacy Program. In his third year, Jared entered a leadership position and served as Alumni Co-Chair of Moot Court’s Executive Board, where he organized, planned, and managed several fundraising events and competitions for Moot Court.
Jared’s practice will focus primarily on the law of secured transactions, from commercial litigation to banking law.
Banking & Financial Institutions, Lender Liability Defense, Commercial Litigation, Commercial Loan Transactions, Commercial Loan Workouts, Creditor Representation in Bankruptcy Court, Real Estate, Corporate Law
- B.A., Loyola University New Orleans College of Business, 2012
- J.D., Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, 2018
Admitted to Practice:
- Supreme Court of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District, Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Middle District, Louisiana
- U.S. District court, Western District, Louisiana
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, Louisiana
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association